Friday, February 15, 2019

Senior Night

Friday night, so where else would we be--at the school!  We have an interim superintendent this year, and a new one has been hired for next year. So, Jeremy and I stopped in at the "Meet the Superintendent" reception on our way to the basketball game and met them both.  The girls had been in multiple ensembles playing and singing at the beginning of the reception, but I was teaching piano lessons and Jeremy was coaching wrestling.  We were a bit late getting into the gym, and missed a lot of the pep band's songs.  

I did catch a little of the excitement from the doorway of the gym before going in...


It is fun to see our community come together at the games.





Playing that school song, one last time...

Midnight Blues, singing the National Anthem



Nice job!


At halftime, all of the pep band seniors were announced.  It was surreal to be walking Annah out there to the middle of the court, even thought we already did this once during football/marching band season.  Sylvia was so sweet to record it for us, and now I cry seeing Jeremy kiss Annah's head at the end of the clip--just like he has done so many times since the day she was born!

Fourteen senior music notes hanging outside the gym tonight!  Mr. Marchese repeatedly kept saying, "FOURTEEN of them!  And they're all GOOD.  They're such great kids, and such good musicians!  What am I going to do without them next year?!"

*Our favorite music note*



No comments:

Post a Comment