Saturday, February 3, 2018

Midnight Blues at IWU

Midnight Blues went on the road today! 





I went to watch them perform at Presser Hall!  (I'm not good with my camera in hurried situations yet, especially when trying to switch back and forth bertween video and pictures, but I got a few...)

I thought Annah and Sylvia both looked beautiful today. 






VIDEO: Playlist of their performace
(I have to do a disclaimer...I have heard this group perform a lot, and they are really good at blending. I personally feel like the microphones were not mixed well for their voices today, and the recording does not show their true sound.)

After their performance, the group went into another room to work with vocal jazz clinicians, Alyssa Allgood and Drew Dahan. 


I left after their , but the group went to lunch then came back for the big IWU concert with guest artists.  Then they attended an improvisation masterclass with guest clinician, Alyssa Allgood!  Sylvia went on stage and did an improv jazz solo for her!!!

I wish there was video, but I am SO proud of her for being brave enough to go on stage and try an improv solo in front of the entire audience and a singer like Alyssa!  The director said she did a great job!

Such exciting musical exposure and opportunities for these kids!  After the festival, all the Midnight Blues kids went to see Jumanji then out to dinner at Fiesta Ranchera.  Fun times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment