Sylvia played a solo in the ISU Community School for the Arts Spring Semester Student Recital today, and did a fabulous job.
While Annah and Caeden stayed at church for Beacon Youth Band lunch and rehearsal, Sylvia requested lunch at Moe's. Jeremy met us there and bought. Then Sylvia and I went to Kemp Hall to get ready and warm up in the performance space. We found seats on the front row, while [you can almost see] Jeremy and G'ma Sandi sat in the top row way behind us.
Sylvia asked me to accompany her. I am definitely not as good as the graduate assistant who would have accompanied her otherwise, but she really wanted to have practice time with me on her piece. I'm so glad she asked me to play for her. I didn't play perfectly, but she played so very well, and we had a good time rehearsing and performing together.
Most importantly, Sylvia was happy with her performance.
I am incredibly proud of Sylvia for her hard work and love of playing her cello!
After we talked with Jeremy and G'ma Sandi following the recital, the hall had cleared, so I asked Sylvia for a quick picture on stage with her cello. She looked really beautiful today.
As I looked back at this photo, it made me think of the song I sang for Sylvia at her baby dedication, Beautiful Little Girl, by Cheri Keaggy.
Beautiful little girl, discovering all the world.I wonder what she'll be, will she take after her Daddy or me?
Careful to hold her hand, and help her to understand
how much we love her so and how much we'd like to help her to grow...
Into a woman who loves her Maker and who knows what she's living for,
so that nothing can harm or take her from You.
For a woman who loves her Maker has a quality you can see
that will certainly mold and shape her into the woman she's meant to be.
Beautiful little child adorning a lovely smile, eager to learn to fly.
There's almost nothing she wouldn't try.
Lord help us do our part to give her a Godly start.
Teach her what she must learn and guide her until she's ready to turn...
Into a woman who loves her Maker and who knows what she's living for
so that nothing can harm or take her from You.
For a woman who loves her Maker has a quality you can see,
that will certainly mold and shape her into the woman she's meant to be.
Beautiful little girl discovering all the world.
I wonder what she'll be, serving her Maker faithfully.
After the recital, Dr. Ransom complimented and encouraged Sylvia about how beautifully she played. She also said it is really fun to watch the two of us play together, and that we look like twins. When I watch the video back, I can see that we do move with the music in a similar way. It is such a blessing to make music with my girl!
And, I am so thankful for Dr. Ransom's wonderful instruction and care for Sylvia!
No comments:
Post a Comment