Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Beacon of Light

The party is over, but we can still have fun with the chinese yo-yos!  

I'm working on reorganizing my favorite red shelves and cubbies!  Moving the scrapbooking stuff up, and the yarn down where I have better access to it.  In fact, I haven't scrapbooked or printed any pictures this year.  In January I tried the digital Project Life thing, but when I switched back to blogging pics and stories, I quit doing Project Life.  I just can't make time for both, so it's just blogging now.  But, I'm glad to have the stories with the pictures, at least!

 So, yesterday, while I was teaching in the morning, Jeremy took the kids to church for Beacon worship band rehearsal. They rehearsed 2 hours, had lunch, and rode 2 hours to another Nazarene church. Someone from that church had seen video of our teens leading worship, and they invited them to come minister to their youth group. They were having a Fall Festival, so the kids tried to get to know some of those from the host youth group during the festival. Then after the festival, Beacon did an hour worship service for them.  Though Jeremy and I didn't go along, when the kids told us about their experience, and we heard some more from our youth leaders, it made us realize even more how blessed we are with the kids' youth group.  This other church's group is really struggling to support, encourage, and teach their teens about Jesus because the kids' families don't want them to.  Our kids gave their testimonies about what Jesus is doing in their lives!  No matter what our kids felt the reaction was to what they said and sang, it was heard, it set an example, and God will continue use it in the hearts of those teens.  It makes my heart fill up so much that the love runs down my face.  <3 p="">

Jeremy and I spent the afternoon at home getting some things done in and around the house.  Then we went to Logan's and had steak!  We went to the mall for a while before we picked up the kids at church. 

Worship was great this morning at church!

And Beacon did a fantastic job leading two songs to close the service. I love these kids and their heart for Jesus!!!

Oh yes, Caeden sang his first solo in front of people last night.  He said he felt like he was going to pass out, but everyone said he did a great job.  I feel bad that we missed it!  I'm sure we will hear him many times in the future.  

<3 friends="" nbsp="" p="">

Oh yes, I didn't know ahead of time that the kids wouldn't have band rehearsal this afternoon, so we had to get [cheap] lunch in town.  We decided to hit Wendy's.  I was so excited to see they've brought back the taco salad!  I love Wendy's taco salad!  Jeremy used to bring it to me every Sunday night my senior year of college when I was an R.A. and had to "sit desk" in the lobby of my dorm.  Just a little bit of extra happy today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment