Thursday, August 18, 2016

Blessing of the Backpacks

Caeden had a dentist appointment at 8:15 this morning to have his chipped front tooth filled.  I think it took about 20 minutes, and he says it feels just like it did before he chipped it now!

This afternoon, Caeden had an hour guitar lesson.  Then we had 3 hours to fill.  We ate at Panda Express, then went to Barnes and Noble to sit and read.  I like to read about stories of hope that happened during WWII, and we recently watched Unbroken, so I picked up this book and read a few chapters.  I'm going to reserve it from the Bookmobile next time so I can finish it.

I found some really good stuff in here,
especially liked the rest of the paragraph from "My self-esteem" on...

We stayed in town so we could go to church for the Blessing of the Backpacks service. Unfortunately, it's rare that we're able to get to Thursday night prayer service, but since we haven't started school yet (and I had a leadership team meeting after) we made it happen tonight.

Pastor Todd encouraged us that Jesus goes to school with us!


From the Day You Saved My Soul

Writing out our "Child of God" name tags...

We rotated to stations in groups.

At the first station Caeden's and my group visited, 
students/teachers marked their schools on a map of our county.  

See, our 3 little pins way out east of town?  

We prayed for each school in our group by name.


At the second station, we wrote our worries about school on an antacid tablet.






Then we gave our worries to Jesus in prayer and dropped the tablets in water and watched them dissolve.




At the third station, Kristy told us about Nazarene schools/universities, and school-age children of missionaries around the world, and we prayed for them.




To close the service, we all gathered around the students and teachers (with their backpacks) at the altar, and prayed over them.



We are ready to go back to school with Jesus in our hearts!


No comments:

Post a Comment