Saturday, April 5, 2014

Crochet, crochet, and more crochet

I guess we could officially say I am on a crocheting "kick" right now.
While this pillow is still a mess...


I did finish this baby blanket I started with yarn scraps back in January.  Baby Myah was born a month ago, but I think it will still be a nice gift for her.

As I was working on this, I was wishing I had used a larger needle.  The one I chose was kind of small for the yarn, but made the stitches turn out looking very neat.  So, even though it took me longer than I'd have liked, it did turn out great.

This stitch is called a vintage fan stitch, and I love how it looks.


On Tuesday this week, our dear friend Lorrie received a horrible cancer diagnosis.  I decided I wanted to make her a prayer shawl so she could have a hug to wear and know I am praying for her. 

These photos don't do it justice.  Besides the fact that my winter hibernation has caused my weight to reach a ridiculous high, the lighting doesn't show how gorgeous this yarn and pattern are.



 It's really tricky to focus when using a tripod too. Blech.

One of the things I like about wraps like these is that there are so many ways to wear them.  I also tried to choose colors and a yarn that could be worn in any season.


And, I had a little bit of yarn left over, so I covered a hanger for Lorrie to hang her shawl on.

I love that I can make beautiful things to bless others, and that I can pray over them and for the people who will use them while I enjoy creating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment