This evening we supported two worthwhile events. This year Jeremy is mentoring a young lady who is participating in the Leadership McLean County program. Her LMC group organized a trivia night to raise money for the local Juvenile Justice Council in support of the Summer Youth Jobs Program.
Jeremy organized a table of friends to participate in the event.
The kids and I went to our school music boosters' Family Fun Night. Annah and I ran the cupcake walk for the evening. It was a fun time watching kids go around and around the circle until they won a cupcake.
Annah ran the CD player for 3 hours to earn money toward her 2016 high school band trip to Disney World. She did a good job, but since we were right next to the Guitar Hero station with amplified speakers, I still had to yell "STOP!" every time she stopped the music.
Sylvia took a copy of The Secret Garden and stayed by us most of the night. She did get some tickets and checked out some of the games. I think she helped duct tape Mr. M. to the wall.
For a while Ally helped us give out the cupcakes. I don't really care for cupcakes usually, but these were AMAZING!! Sweet Temptations, a local bakery, made them--peanut butter cheesecake, orange dreamy sickle, key lime pie, red velvet, salted carmel...good golly they were tempting!
Caeden spent the whole night running from game to game and burning through tickets like nothing. He won so many bottles of Gatorade I made him return some of them before they got opened. Sylvia waited in the balloon animal line 3 different times and finally got a flower. It was a fun night, and seemed like it was well attended and everyone had fun.





No comments:
Post a Comment