Monday, October 15, 2012

To Be President

I don't like to speak about politics, because I don't like to listen to politicians much.  I listen and read enough to know what they talk about and where they say they stand, but right now I'm just completely disgusted by politics and politicians at all.  I have watched the presidential and vice presidential debates, and it just irritates me to see them pointing fingers of blame and being rude.  I honestly don't believe a much of anything most politicians say, because I think most of them will pretty much lie to get votes.  It's just icky to me, and it makes me sad for our country.  I vote for Jesus.  I'm not sure there is a candidate out there who has a chance of winning who would say that same thing, so you see my trouble in finding a candidate who I can "support."

Yes, I have listened.  Yes, I have formed opinions.  Yes, I will vote.

Of course the kids have been learning about our government and the presidential election at school too. I liked Sylvia's answer on her social studies test from last week...


"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face 
and turn from their wicked ways, 
then I will hear from heaven, 
and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
- 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment