Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday Stuff

Last evening, I went to see our high school's spring musical, Zombie Prom.  It was far from appropriate for children, so I went alone and got to sit with some adult teacher friends.  The performance was entertaining, and the kids performing were obviously having fun.  I enjoyed getting to see "Mr. H", our former music and choir teacher, who came back to support the students and current directors in their performance.  

Caeden was coloring some Lego action figure coloring pages this morning, and upon the mention of Mr. H, he wanted to send this one to him, as he is a big spiderman fan.  We texted him this picture instead.


We had nothing scheduled on our calendar for today, ahhhhh!  We decided to head to town to take care of a couple errands.  First we stopped by Morris Tick to drop off our poor microwave that died about a month ago.

We were close to Schooners, so Jeremy took us there for lunch.  We all tried the buffalo wings.  Annah and Sylvia really liked them, Caeden thought they were much too hot and only had one bite.  I managed to eat my first one since trying them at Duff's in Buffalo, New York about 16 years ago and getting sick to my stomach (not because of anything I ate) and having to leave Chapel Choir Tour early.  Not sure I conquered my mental block against buffalo wings yet though.  

Jeremy and Caeden played the golf video game while we were trying to order and wait for our food.

The kids got to have pop for a treat.


After lunch, we stopped quickly at Sears and didn't find what we were looking for.  Then we stopped at Sam's Club and renewed our membership and bought a couple things.

Back at home, the girls played upstairs and both came up with interesting hairstyles.


We put the microwave we bought at Sam's Club in its new spot.  We did pretty well without one for the past few weeks, but I am really very glad and grateful to have a new one!

For supper, I made cheesy potato soup.  We will have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow too.  There was no complaining, and even some raving, so it must be a recipe my family approves of fairly well.

1 lb. ground beef
1 T. dried minced onion
2 boxes au gratin potatoes
1/2 large brick of Velveeta
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can green chiles
milk

Brown ground beef with minced onions in large soup pot.  Prepare au gratin potatoes in pot (I leave the meat in with.) as directed on box.  Add tomatoes and chiles (don't drain!) or a can or 2 of Ro-Tel.  Cube and add Velveeta and stir until melted.  (I usually use store brand everything.)  Add milk or cream to desired consistency.  (This time I used skim milk, but I have used fat free half and half when I had it on hand.)  Sometimes I add corn, but I forgot this time.  It's good either way
!

This evening we all snuggled up in the living room and watched one of our very, very favorite movies--The Prince of Egypt.  No matter how many times we watch it, we still love it--the story of God's performing miracles, using imperfect people to achieve his plan, and His rescuing his people.  We love the music and the beautiful animation too.  It's just a wonderful movie!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment