The cherry tree in our yard that was budding yesterday is open in full bloom today!
Caeden tried to tell me he saw four monarch butterflies on it, and when I saw these little guys I understood why he thought that. How nice to see them flitting about, even if they aren't monarch. Huge bumblebees were all over the blossoms too, pollinating like crazy!
As I thought about how this tree blooms so exactly on April 17th most every year, and how odd it was to be taking pictures of it in bloom on March 21st, I found this article as I waited for my pictures to transfer onto the computer. Seems the whole country is getting an early spring!
I do love the temperatures and the blooms, though I worry about a few things... Will it get cold enough to freeze again and kill all our beautiful buds and blooms? Or will we suffer all Spring, Summer, and Fall too, because of the things that didn't get frozen away in our lack of winter? Already, I am wheezing and coughing the day away. And, everyone in our entire community is complaining of the invasion of the fungus gnats.

The wildlife seems pretty psyched about it though!
And, I do like hearing birds singing the day away!
No matter when it comes, I do love spring.
It makes me think of my favorite childhood book, The Secret Garden, which one of my favorite musicals is based upon. Love this song, Wick, about how plants and trees can look dead, but how they often still have life in them. (No video, just the song.)








No comments:
Post a Comment