After we had tucked Caeden in bed, he came back upstairs a while later, saying his tummy was hurting really badly. We tried to tell him he was just tired, but he continued to feel worse. He said his heart felt funny, so Gram took his blood pressure. It was fine.
I tried to put him back to bed, but he cried and moaned. He asked me to pray for him and ask Jesus to heal him and help him feel better, and I did. A few minutes later he asked me to pray harder and with all my heart because he was feeling so bad.
Jeremy tried to tuck him in again and make him stay in bed. I could tell he really was feeling bad now, so I stood outside the door and listened to him. He cried and begged Jesus to take back the pain. He prayed and prayed, saying that he knew he had done lots of bad things, but he was so sorry. He begged Jesus to forgive him and help him feel better. (Of course, I was standing in the hallway crying, listening to this!) So, I brought him to bed with me, and kept a dim light on.
About 12:30 a.m. I looked at him, and his eyes popped open. I could tell he was about to get sick, so I tried to get him to the waste basket. Poor little guy had eaten WAY too much food and sweets, and his little body just didn't like it. He has never gotten sick before, so he was quite surprised by the whole experience. And it must have been the overeating, because he only got sick the one time and was so relieved and more comfortable afterward.
I guess it's just not the holidays unless someone is getting sick! Ahhhhh...


No comments:
Post a Comment