On January 31st, when the people of our church brought back the increase from the $5,000 we were loaned, the offering for Haiti was $37,383.94!
Our family was loaned $100, and because of many generous people, we were able to give $1217.75!
God surely blessed this offering, our efforts, and multiplied it by 8 times!! On February 14th, our church was honored to have Dr. Christian Sarmiento, Regional Director of South America for the Church of the Nazarene, to accept a check for $40,000.00 to go to Nazarene Compassionate Ministries' work towards Haiti relief efforts! He spoke to our church about The Great Commission (Matthew 28:19), which we are all praying hard to accomplish.
Some have criticized our church, it's people, our pastors, etcetera...saying this was all done to "put the church in the spotlight." But, being a part of this congregation, I have to laugh and verify that was the farthest thing from anyone's intent. Yes, there was publicity, but only to encourage people to give and to inspire others to help Haiti. We were excited about the amazing way God blessed our tiny efforts and multiplied them more than our expectations, yes. He is a GREAT God, and loves to go beyond our expectations!! And we want ALL the glory to go to Him!
Our family was blessed in so many ways by doing what we could to make all we could to give all we could! This challenge has inspired us to continue finding ways to give and help others, in the name of Jesus and for the glory of God! Praise His name!!
--------------
I've completed a few orders...
scarves, a doily, and washcloths
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I love those crocheted flowers.. so sweet! I know you are working your fingers to the bone. I so appreciate all that you have done for this project. You are the sweetest!
Post a Comment