Monday, January 12, 2009

Apology and Honors

Obviously I needed something to get me to blog. I haven't taken any photos since New Year's Eve, because I'm honestly a little tired of the editing process right now. Last week I managed to get through all of the rest of my 2008 photos I still had on the computer. They were from November and December, as well as 3 portrait sessions...so still a couple thousand photos almost. Anyway, they've all been seperated (originals and ones to print), saved to DVD, uploaded to winkflash.com, printed, and are on their way to me. Whew! What a major process. Good reminder to me that I need to do it at the end of every month and not get behind! So anyway, I haven't taken any photos in the past week and a half, and it actually feels good.


I spent the better part of the weekend reading The Shack, by Wm. P. Young. I can honestly say, it is one of the best books I've read. I was completely engrossed in it, and am still pondering it. If you haven't read it yet, do.

Trying to think what else is new around here...

Jeremy has been working on things inside the house. He's put up the west wall in the den, mudded and sanded it. 2 more walls to go in there, but there are 8 6-foot windows sitting in there until spring arrives, so it obviously won't be completed too soon. He also ripped out the west wall in the upstairs bathroom, insulated and put up new drywall there this weekend. The guest room walls are patched and waiting for me to measure and wallpaper in there. (Well, technically, I suppose I need to stain the new window first.) I know, I know...wallpaper isn't cool. BUT, the walls are a mixture of 105 year old plaster and brand new drywall, and even though Jeremy did a great job matching them up while patching them, I'm going to wallpaper to cover the patching. Now, I'm not using ordinary floral print wallpaper! I'm going to use paintable anaglypta. Look it up. It's cool.


We finally decided to sign up for Netflix a few months ago, and have been loving that! We don't have cable or dish, just regular network TV, and don't even watch a lot of that. But, we've gotten into watching Heroes through Netflix. We're 3/4 of the way through Season 2 and loving it. Sometimes we even get a movie for the kids to watch.

It really is nice to be back in the routine of things again after the holidays. Of course the holidays are great, but I didn't realize how out-of-whack things had gotten around here, and it's nice to have some order back.

Caeden and I are doing school again. We hadn't done much at all for about a month, so now we are doing every day to get caught up. It's going well. He's learning about the 4th day of Creation right now, and the months and seasons.

My sweet online friend Angie has honored me with the "Your Blog is Fabulous!" blog award. It comes along with some requirements: I am to award 5 others and also list 5 addictions I have.5 blogs I think are fabulous:

And, 5 things I am "addicted" to...

1. Jesus...Absolutely can't do without Him. So, I guess that makes it an "addiction."
2. Music...My life would be so empty without it.
3. Coffee...I think I'm getting there. Yep. After swearing it off for most of my life, over the past year or 2 I've slowly gotten to the point where I can't do with out my 1 or 2 mugs a day. Vanilla coffee with fat free vanilla creamer.
4. Taking photos
5. The Internet...checking e-mail, my favorite scrappy messageboard, Facebook.

4 comments:

Estee said...

Awwww, thanks!! I think you are pretty darn fabulous too!! :)

Tanya said...

Wow! THANKS!! :) Thanks for your thoughts on "the Shack" too. I've not read it, but have read and heard many, many diverse opinions on it. Oh, and my addictions are the pretty much the same. I'd have to fit reading and Starbucks in there somewhere, too.

Margee' said...

Yes, the holidays do change the order of things and getting back going again is real hard.
Been missing hearing from you, keep in touch.

jinxi~ aka angi said...

It takes a while to get into the routine again doesnt it!
I have been wanting to read that book, Im glad you have given it such a great review!

I admire you for keeping on top of your photos. Im almost done with 2008... wish me luck hehe.

Post a Comment