This morning the girls climbed in bed with us, and we all made up this:
The Lopshire Family's 12 Days of Christmas
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
12 trips to Grandma's,
11 DVD's
10 noisy cars
9 singing Barbies
8 Psalty CD's
7 pairs of jeans,
6 NFL jerseys
5 Scrapbooking Things (or more would be nice!),
4 Magic Barbie Pegasus horses
3 noisy drums,
2 Larry Boy pillows,
1 pink Doodle Bear!!
And we sang the whole thing! We each got to pick things we wanted for Christmas to put in the song.
The Lopshire Family's 12 Days of Christmas
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
12 trips to Grandma's,
11 DVD's
10 noisy cars
9 singing Barbies
8 Psalty CD's
7 pairs of jeans,
6 NFL jerseys
5 Scrapbooking Things (or more would be nice!),
4 Magic Barbie Pegasus horses
3 noisy drums,
2 Larry Boy pillows,
1 pink Doodle Bear!!
And we sang the whole thing! We each got to pick things we wanted for Christmas to put in the song.
Today we were all five having lunch at Olive Garden, when a lady holding a toddler came up to our table as her family was leaving. She said, "I just want to tell you that you guys are my heros. Your kids are so good and well-behaved! And you have one more than we do; I can't even handle two!" and on and on...
Well, we reassured her that it is not always (probably should have said 'not usually') like that, and thanked her. She wished us a Merry Christmas and I felt like telling her to hang in there because I know how she feels--the way I feel so much of the time, like the kids are mostly out of control and I am a terrible mother because I can't get them to be quiet, sit still, and eat, etcetera, etcetera. But, I have to say, it made me feel so uplifted when she said all that to us. Hopefully someday someone will notice her kids behaving and compliment her on them.
Well, we reassured her that it is not always (probably should have said 'not usually') like that, and thanked her. She wished us a Merry Christmas and I felt like telling her to hang in there because I know how she feels--the way I feel so much of the time, like the kids are mostly out of control and I am a terrible mother because I can't get them to be quiet, sit still, and eat, etcetera, etcetera. But, I have to say, it made me feel so uplifted when she said all that to us. Hopefully someday someone will notice her kids behaving and compliment her on them.
Tonight the girls had practice for their toddler/preschool Christmas musical tomorrow at church. When I went to pick them up, their teacher told me a little story on Sylvia. Sylvie is usually pretty shy and doesn't want to talk to people, but has been becoming more comfortable lately--especially with her Sunday school teacher Miss Ruth. Well, apparently after the kids had finished a run-through of their program, Sylvia raised her hand, walked up to a microphone, and said, "Um, Miss Ruth, she wasn't singing O Come Let Us Adore Him!" and pointed to the little girl standing next to her!
I guess our constant reminders to not tattle aren't having much impact on Sylvia...
I guess our constant reminders to not tattle aren't having much impact on Sylvia...
No comments:
Post a Comment