Now that it's September, Jeremy and I are really missing our friends in Ohio. Jeremy is [more than] excited about football season's start-up, and some of that stems from his fantasy football "addiction," which started when we lived in Ohio. At this moment, he is watching the Bucks' first game of the season with more intensity than most games he watches. He has had the girls saying, "GO BUCKS!" all day long. I think he is a bigger O.S.U. football fan now than when we lived in Columbus! ;)
For me, September makes me think of the beginning of the school year in college, which I always loved. It also makes me remember the time I spent traveling to high schools all over Ohio in the fall when I was an admission counselor for Cap. It was nerve-wracking for me to not know where I was going when I was traveling all alone, but it was such a challenging and growing experience for me, and I will always be grateful for that!
But, the thing I think we're both missing the most is all of our great friends in Ohio that we rarely get to see anymore. Fall is such a great time to just hang out, and we miss doing that with our Ohio pals!! So any of you Buckeye friends of ours who may be stopping in, know that we are thinking of you today and missing you!
No comments:
Post a Comment