Monday, September 22, 2003

Here In My Heart

When I was in high school, I had the honor of singing this song for some baby dedications at church. Now, I love to sing it to my own kids.
Here In My Heart 

I don't want to kiss you good night 
I'll just keep on holding you tight 
'Cause baby I know 
You'll change and you'll grow 
You'll get bigger with each morning light 

I know that the sky's full of stars 
And dreams call your name from afar 
I'm anxious to see 
All you're gonna be 
But I'm sure gonna miss who you are 

But I'll keep you right here in my heart 
And I'll memorize each little part 
'Cause one day you'll go 
And I'll miss you so 
But I'll keep you right here in my heart 

Each tooth that you'll gain or you'll lose 
And each time you'll need bigger shoes 
Each step that you take 
 Will be further away 
But to stop you is not what I'd choose 

These fingers that curl 'round my hand 
Must do things that no others can 
I know you're not mine 
But God's own design 
And I want you to follow His plan 

But I'll keep you right here in my heart 
And I'll memorize each little part 
'Cause one day you'll go 
 And I'll miss you so 
But I'll keep you right here in my heart 

 by Betsy Hernandez, ©1991 Birdwing Music (a div. of The Sparrow Corp.) (ASCAP)

Recorded by Jodi Bension

No comments:

Post a Comment