Saturday, July 19, 2003

Ornery Annah

Sylvia went to the doctor for her 4-month well-baby visit on Wednesday. She weighed 14 pounds, 13 ounces, and was 26 inches long. She had 4 more vaccinations, but did only cried for a few seconds. She slept a lot the rest of the day and the following day.

 The thing that has probably bothered her the most this week is her sister... Annah has been quite the character this week. On Tuesday night, I was giving Sylvia a bath and noticed some strange little marks on her knees. Upon closer inspection and interrogation of her big sister, we discovered they were bite marks! The next day, I caught Annah biting Sylvia's knees again, and also her toes and wrist. We're not sure if she was trying to hurt her, or if she just thought it was a fun thing to do, but we're definitely trying to nip that problem in the bud right away! Yikes!

 One night this week, I was up late, and heard a thud upstairs. I thought it sounded like Annah might have fallen out of bed. After about a minute, Annah started sobbing, so I sprinted upstairs and found her and her bed gate on the floor. Apparently, it took her a bit to wake up enough to figure out what had happened. She likes to sleep smushed up against the mesh gate, and must have wedged herself between it and the bed far enough to scoot it out and herself onto the ground.



The next day, Annah was playing with her doll baby, whom she sometimes calls Sylvia. She was pretending to change her diaper, and didn't realize I was watching her as she pretended to feed her baby the way Mommy feeds Sylvia. She even burped her too.


 Yesterday morning, I was in the shower, and Annah came into the bathroom carrying the cell phone telling me it was ringing. Then I heard our home phone ring. After four rings, our answering machine will pick up, but this time it only rang twice. So, I called Annah into the bathroom. She came carrying the phone and said, "Mommy, it's Gram!" I was pretty sure it wasn't Gram, and got the phone from Annah and apologized to the [chuckling] nurse from her obstetrician's office who was returning her call. That was the first time Annah had answered the phone on her own, and I didn't expect her to!

Daddy hanging out with his girls


 We are relieved to know that Snickers has a new home with a very nice couple who live near our parents. Even I admit to missing him a tiny bit, but we are sure he'll get more attention and care with "Big Bob" and his wife. A big thank you to my parents for taking care of him for the past few weeks and finding him a good home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment