Is it spring yet?!?! We are soooo ready for it! How about getting rid of the ice and snow and getting some more of that sunshine and warm weather we had last week?!
Sylvie is growing like a weed! She is awake more hours of the day now, and loves to smile BIG when we talk to her! She is sleeping in her crib in her room some of the night now--when Mommy isn't too lazy to put her back after she's done nursing. She loves listening to music, and sitting in her vibrating bouncy seat.
Big sister Annah is constantly asking, "Can I see Sylvie? Can I hold her? Can I touch her? Can I give her a kiss? Can I play with her?" It is absolutely precious! We're taking a break from Annah's potty training for a while. It was just too much for her to adjust to at the same time as a new baby. We'll try again in a while.
I am trying to get the "mother of 2" thing down--slowly. Annah is such a good helper these days, and wants to be a part of everything Sylvia does, so that is a blessing. Sometimes we don't get out of bed or get a shower much before 10:00; the house isn't too clean, and sometimes supper is after 6:30, but we'll get it down sooner or later.
Since the pediatrician told us not to take Sylvia out around large groups of people until she is 6-8 weeks old (to minimize the risk of RSV and other sicknesses), we are getting a little "cabin fever." But, Jeremy stayed home with Sylvia for a couple hours on Sunday night while I took Annah to church for first hour Sunday school. It was a nice little break, but we're anxious for the weather to get nicer and the threat of bad germs to go away.
I feel stress at times, but today as I was changing Annah's diaper, Annah told me, "Mommy, you always take good care of me." Wow--that makes it all worthwhile!
Children truly are a treasure from the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment