Friday, February 7, 2003

Getting Ready



     I had a huge craving for a Big Mac today.  So, Jeremy, being the good, caring husband he is, obliged and took us to McDonald's.  I scarfed down a Big Mac, super size fries (all of them, plus some of Jeremy's), plus drank the entire super size diet Coke!  I know how totally bad that was for the baby, and for me, but man was it good!  Mmmm!  I was huuuunnnggg-ry!
     
Afterwards we went to the store.  We got a soft Rabbit (from Winnie the Pooh) and a book for the baby, and almost bought a carseat.  (We decided we needed to some price comparisons before we get that though.)  
     
On the way home in the car I had some fairly painful contractions, but I'm sure they were caused by a combination of all of the caffeine from the pop and the fact that I had to "pee like a racehorse," as Jeremy would say.
     
I think I am driving Jeremy a little bit nuts with my indecisiveness on a boy name.  We now have 5 we are considering.  We did talk about it a lot today, but still haven't really decided.  He is going back and forth in his opinion too though.
     
I've definitely been having a lot more Braxton-Hicks contractions the past few days.  I didn't have many at all last month, but they're back now.   The ones I was having today (when my bladder was so full) were more like regular contractions.  I hope I will not be confused by whether or not they're real contractions when I actually go into labor.  Hopefully my water will break again, like it did last time.  I know, I know...It probably won't be like last time. And that's okay.
     
We are now registered at Target (at the store & online), Babies 'R' Us (in-store & online), and Baby Center (online only).  And, I believe the Babies 'R' Us registry is also at Kids 'R' Us and Toys 'R' Us, I think.  I still need to actually go to the stores and check on the registries and add a couple more things, but I doubt many people will actually be looking at them.  It is our second child, so we don't need all that much.   People were SO giving the first time, there isn't too much we don't already have, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment