Jeremy's Aunt Joyce sent us the wonderful lullaby CD Sleep Sound in Jesus by Michael Card, and I've been listening to it with Annah and reading the words to the songs. Every song is so touching, but this one has already come to mean a lot to me. I love to sing it to Annah.
All You Are
Where did you get those eyes so blue?
They're from the sky that you passed through.
Where did you that little tear?
Did you find that it was waiting for you here?
They're from the sky that you passed through.
Where did you that little tear?
Did you find that it was waiting for you here?
And what about your little nose?
He knew you'd need it for the rose.
And as for your soft, curly ear,
He knew there would be songs for you to hear.
He knew you'd need it for the rose.
And as for your soft, curly ear,
He knew there would be songs for you to hear.
For all you are and all you'll be,
For everything you mean to me,
Though I don't understand,
I know it's from the Father's hand.
For everything you mean to me,
Though I don't understand,
I know it's from the Father's hand.
How can it be that you are you?
He thought you up and so you grew.
Because you're mine it must be true
That He was also thinking of me too.
He thought you up and so you grew.
Because you're mine it must be true
That He was also thinking of me too.
For all you are and all you'll be,
For everything God gave to me,
Though I don't understand,
I know it's from the Father's hand.
For everything God gave to me,
Though I don't understand,
I know it's from the Father's hand.
- lyrics by Michael Card
from the recording Sleep Sound In Jesus
adapted from the poem Baby, by George MacDonald
from the recording Sleep Sound In Jesus
adapted from the poem Baby, by George MacDonald
No comments:
Post a Comment